Monday, August 17, 2015

Work is Slowly Killing Me

August 17

Working sucks.

Let's all admit it. Working sucks.

Unless you're either famous or a YouTuber, you don't enjoy your job.

I know I don't. Working at a small clothing store for almost four months now is slowly driving me insane.

If you live in the south of America, you might have heard of a store called Belk. It's nothing extravagant, just overpriced clothes that aren't even that cute. It's ridiculous.

I work on something called the ROCC team, where we receive the merchandise on a truck, open all the boxes, remove the plastic, sensor the correct items, then put them out on the floor.

How exciting.

It's good pay, though. 8 bucks an hour with me working over 20 hours a week, oh yeah!

The only bad part is having to get up every single weekday morning at 6 and be there by 7. 7. Not to mention I live about fifteen minutes away from the mall Belk is located in.

I don't know about you, but I think that's a little too early. I've just graduated, I wish to stay in bed in the mornings. Not get my lazy butt up and go straight to work.

What makes me hate work even more is one of the managers there. I could say so many mean things about her, but I'll just leave it at: She's a bitch.

Excuse my language.

People like her are the reasons I don't want to work.

If it wasn't for my car insurance, my phone bill, and just the mere fact I love spending money.. I would so quit.

Thanks adulthood.

My dad told me the other day I could quit...if I dropped my insurance and phone bill..

I decided to keep working.

Ever since I started working there, I have gotten use to not staying home and having to do something at all times. Don't get me wrong, once I get home I relax and eat my lunch, but then I feel like I have to be doing something.

So, being the lazy person I originally am, it's quite conflicting.

I want to lay around and just watch random YouTube videos all while wanting to get up and do something.

Shout out to you, four hour shifts.

Besides the annoying people - person - I work with, the ungodly hours of the morning, and the drive up to the mall...

I enjoy making money.

No comments:

Post a Comment